Feeling crafty this holiday season?
This DIY photo ornament serves a three fold purpose:
- Allows you to add some fresh decorative flair to your tree or around the house without spending extra money on store bought ornaments.
- Creates a personal, memorable and useful gift to give friends and relatives.
- Give your kids something to do on a cold winter afternoon!
What you’ll need:
- cleaned lids (yogurt, icing, jar lids, etc.)
- old photos or Holiday cards
- hole punch
- double stick tape (permanent)
- pipe cleaners
What to do:
- Choose a photo or card and trace the shape of your lid on the back of it.
- Cut out the portion within the lines — should be a circular shape.
- Attach the picture to the lid with double stick tape and hold down for several seconds until it sets.
- Add glue around the edge of the picture to secure and sprinkle glitter over it.
- Let the ornament dry for a several hours (or even over night to set).
- Punch a hole and stick the pipe cleaner through.
You’re done! Have your child choose where to place their ornament on the tree or around the house; or, ask if they’d like to give it as a gift to a teacher, grandparent, etc.