Happy Spring! Although the weather outside is less-than-Springy in New England, we are craving the fresh tastes and flavors of the coming warm season. If you are looking for something simple, light and fresh, give this salmon and asparagus salad a try! This recipe is great for a light spring dinner at home, or a new and different BYO work lunch. Yum!
Here’s what you’ll need (recipe serves 4, but you can quarter it if you’re cooking for 1!):
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) salmon fillet or 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups arugula
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- your favorite vinaigrette dressing
Easy 2-Step Prep:
- Brush salmon and toss asparagus with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill salmon over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Grill asparagus, turning occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Divide arugula evenly among 4 plates; top with flaked salmon, asparagus, and tomatoes. Serve with vinaigrette.